Monday, August 9, 2010

An Update on "Primates"


Sadly, my work on "Primates" has been at a bit of a standstill as of late, owing both to more pressing matters and (perhaps even more so) to my complete inability to be content with my current designs.

I'm happy with Steven's design, difficult as it can be to get right sometimes, but when it comes to all the other characters I'm simply can't nail them down. I'll draw something I think is perfect and then draw it better a few weeks later. At least my cartooning skills seem to be improving!




The character below is David, the antagonist of the story. He's also MY antagonist, as I can never seem to nail him down. I know that what I want is character who can be both threatening and pathetic, and I know what kind of hair he should have, but how human is he? How primate is he? Is his face more on the side of a chimp or gorilla? I just can't decide.






No comments:

Post a Comment